Last night we had the awesome privilege of witnessing Jack's debut as an actor for Dowell Middle School. He starred in all three productions including one play that was written and directed by a fellow student.
Jack had one of the starring roles in the small play titled "The Hand We Are Dealt". It is a play that details that account of one homeless boy's short life and the lessons a more fortunate girl learns after meeting him. Jack plays a sort of time traveler who reveals the two characters different lots in life.
His second performance was starring as the beggar in the play titled the Twelve Dancing Princesses. Marty was joking that after seeing Jack was the only boy in the cast that perhaps Jack had ulterior motives for participating in drama. Ha!
Jack's final performance for the evening was at the dentist in the play titled "Laughing Stock". Unfortunately, my camera battery died before I could snap anymore photos. I was especially bummed that I missed the chance to get a picture of his curtain call. Something tells me there will be many more for our young actor.
After the performances, a woman from the audience came up to Jack and told him that he had extraordinary stage presence and that she truly enjoyed his performance. Jack was supurb and I was amazed by his confidence on the stage. No doubt, Jack has found his niche and I expect big things are ahead of him in drama.
No comments:
Post a Comment