Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Joy For Japan

During our spring break trip to visit Marty's parents in Arkansas, the kids couldn't help but see troubling images of the devastation in Japan from the tsunami. Lily wanted to make a difference. So, she came up with an idea to raise money for the tsunami victims. She calls it Joy For Japan. Lily decided to collect money in take out boxes from Pei Wei restaurant. She gave each class at her school a box and encouraged kids at her school to give their spare change to benefit those affected in Japan. Today, she collected boxes and counted the money.


Lily counting up the totals today after school.

Lily made $37.02 for the tsunami victims. We are going to donate the proceeds to the Red Cross specifically for tsunami relief. I know God will multiply that offering and it will make a beautiful impact on those who are most in need. I am so proud of Lily for reaching out to make a difference in the world, and I am touched by her amazing heart. Truly, I hope her great love brings Joy for Japan.

Lily made an Animoto to feature her goodwill project and plans to share it at school. You can take a look at it by clicking the "Joy For Japan" link below.

JOY FOR JAPAN




My friend Reiko Unterberger lives in Vienna, Austria and has family in Japan. She left this Lily this message on Facebook. It made Lily's heart smile and mine too.

No comments: