Every year, during Spring Break, we take a trip to Beaver's Bend National Park in Oklahoma with our dear friends The Recks. We stay in a beautiful cabin, and each year it is a different place. So each trip is a bit different. But, every year is better than the one before. We look forward to this family getaway and love spending time outside together.
When we arrived, Marty and I were so amazed by the breath-taking views from the deck of our cabin. Below there was a beautiful stream and you could hear the rushing water from the deck. It was an incredible experience.
For Jack's birthday, the Recks made Jack a necklace with "16 dollars". I am sure he will think of them when he fills up his gas tank very soon.
I baked Jack a birthday cake so he could blow out candles on his actual birthday. His special cake was too fragile to make the trip to the cabin. I stole this hug while it was baking.
Our birthday boy...I still can't believe he is 16!
I woke up early on Sunday morning to have coffee on the deck. It was so peaceful.
And so quiet.
And so quiet.
Then my coffee buddies showed up to join me. It was cold, but Lily, Kinley, and I just curled up in blankets and enjoyed some early morning girl talk.
The rain stopped and the temperature raised a bit. So we went for a short hike down to the stream below. I love the memories these kids share of all the trips we have taken to this beautiful area. I know this year will be one to remember.
Sofie was very excited to learn how to skip rocks with Daddy. Jack is getting to be an expert after all these years. He finds the perfect rocks for skipping. He learned from the Master as well.
On the way back to the cabin, Jack found this big stick. He played around and pretended he was Gandolph from Lord of the Rings..."You Shall Not Pass!" He is such a character! Literally.
Lily wore this t-shirt, given to her by her Aunt Minniette, just in case anybody wondered from which state she resides. So funny!
Lily wore this t-shirt, given to her by her Aunt Minniette, just in case anybody wondered from which state she resides. So funny!
Molly and Little Bug had fun just hanging out together. They really miss each other now that they are not in school together every day. It was fun for them to reconnect in the woods.
Beaver's Bend...We love you.



.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment