Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Broncos Homecoming 2012

This past weekend was Homecoming at McKinney Boyd High School...the first for Jack as a student there.


We went to the football game with the Reck family on Friday evening.  Molly and Sofie had fun cheering for the Broncos and watching the marching band.


Lily and Brylee Lackey have been friends since they were in first grade, so Lily was way excited when Brylee's older sister won Homecoming Queen. Brena even let Lily wear her crown. Pure bliss for sweet Lily!

 Saturday night, Jack and some friends attending the MBHS Homecoming Dance.


New Broncos..."Let 'Em Run!"


Jack escorted his friend Sabrina.  They made it very clear they are JUST FRIENDS. They both clean up nice and made an adorable couple.


As I was watched Jack and his friends this weekend,  I was struck by how much he has grown up the past few months.  Suddenly, he seems more like a man rather than boy. Even though I know he was a bit nervous, he carried himself with confidence and courage. And he was such a gentleman with his "date".  We are sound proud of him and I am glad he got to experience Homecoming at Boyd. I think he had a good time, even if the dance was "a little wierd".  Maybe he isn't as grown-up as I feared. Ha! Go Broncos!!

No comments: