Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dowell Middle School Presents "Radium Girls"



Jack has the male lead for the Dowell Middle School play that is being performed for district UIL competition this week. After several auditions, he earned the role of Mr. Roeder in the play "Radium Girls", a historical account of radiation poisoning that took place in a watch factory during World War I.

In the first scene, Jack and his wife are discussing the bright future ahead of them in regards to the opportunities with the use of radium in the medical field. Jack's character sees an opportunity for money, money, money!






In this next scene, Jack and his lawyer (who also happens to be his best friend, Ryan) are discovering that all is not what it seems at the radium plant where Jack's character works.
Jack's character makes a critical decision to cover up what is happening at the factory.






Here, Jack and his wife are discussing the problem. I was amazed by the depth of Jack's emotion in this scene.






The play is being performed for competition on Friday and we are all expecting great results. We are so impressed by these young actors and inspired by their commitment and hard work. And Jack is so comfortable on stage. Everytime I see him perform, I am more impressed than the time before.




Good luck on Friday, Jackman...break a leg!

No comments: