Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Lady Panthers-Upward Baskbetball 2012

Once again, it's time for Upward Basketball and Sofie is loving every minute of it! Marty took this season off so that he could just enjoy cheering our Little Bug on from the stands. She in one of the Lady Panthers and we are delighted that she is having so much fun!








Introducing....SOOOOOOOOOOOOFIE AAAAAAAAARBUCKLE!!!!!! WHOO HOO!





Nope, the coach wasn't "Tebowing", though I know the man prays. hahahaha! Coach Alan is a very gentle and soft spoken guy. The girls adore him, and we are thrilled that God has placed him in Sofie's life this season. One of the things I like about him is that he has a servant's heart. In this picture, the coach is taking a moment before the game starts to tie a shoelace that had come loose during pre-game warm-ups. I imagine every Lady Panther parent echos my heart when I say, "Thanks Coach!"









We are so happy that Sofie is part of this team. Each week, we are amazed by the development of her skills. More than anything else, though, Sofie is growing in her love of basketball and her Savior at the same time. That sounds like a win/win if you ask me! GO LADY PANTHERS!!!!









After having a tough couple of quarters, Sofie was happy for a much needed break. I love this smile that I was able to sneak while she was sitting on the bench.









Our Little Bug may be tiny, but she is mighty! Sofie is extremely quick and has amazing instincts on the court. She is especially good at faking out her opponent and driving towards the basket. I haven't been able to capture one of her drives on film just yet. I may have to do that with video one of these Saturdays. Here she is playing some tough "D"..."arms up!"









After the game, the coach hands out stars that can be ironed onto the girls' t-shirts. In this picture, Coach Alan is awarding Sofie with the Christ-like star for her sportsmanship and character on the court. Needless to say, it is the star EVERY girl wants each week, and we were so excited that it was her turn. She certainly does shine for Jesus when she is playing basketball. We are so proud of her!












No comments: