I surprised her with a new shirt and hat, special for the occassion. She and I had been talking about what she should wear for the performance during lunch earlier in the day. When I left the school, I went straight to Kohls and found a shirt I knew was perfect for my little songbird. It even came with a hat! She was thrilled! Here is Lily at home before the show...a little nervous, but ready! Doesn't she look adorable? She sang the song "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne, and she was sensational.
I am always so amazed at her courage, for there is no way I would feel comfortable standing alone on stage and singing to an audience. A packed house, I might add! But, Lily was right at home up there and sang just like an angel. To her, performing isn't "complicated" in any way. The audience loved her and clapped along with her as she was singing. At the intermission, her friends gave her big celebratory hugs!
After the show, we celebrated by taking Lily for appetizers. She LOVES cheesy fries and chicken wings. Then, we came home and had a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake that she had been admiring last week when we had girl time together. We are very proud of our little pop star. She truly knows how to express herself!
No comments:
Post a Comment