I asked my precious angels what they were doing and they told me they were giving a dead Mosquito Eater a funeral. They had tried to "save it's life" by offering it some food (leaves and grass), but Lily and Sofie were sad to find their attempts at First Aid were unsuccessful.
I explained that most insects live very short lives, and that they were sweet to show such care to one of God's creatures...a life is a life no matter how small. I tried to comfort the girls with the idea that "Cutie Pie" (the name given to the insect by Lily) was now flying around in a peaceful garden in Heaven.
They proceeded with the funeral somberly and Lily wrote a eulogy that went like this...
"Here lies Cutie Pie Mosquito Eater Arbuckle. It died on April 17th, 2010. R.I.P."
How precious they are in God's sight...and they are a sight for my weary eyes as well. In a world filled with hateful rhetoric, corruption and malice, my daughters' eyes are filled with the compassion and love of Christ.
What more could a mother want for her children? I am so grateful for these small moments with my children whose great love makes the world a better place.
No comments:
Post a Comment