Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Jack's Birthday


A birthday hug for the best big brother ever!



Jack turns 12! One more year and we have a teenager in the house!!!


OK!!! I have no decent excuse, but I forgot to post Jack's birthday pics. Somewhere between our spring break trip, moving, and Sofie's broken leg, I forgot to put Jack's birthday on our site. Crazy Mommy!

Jack is growing so tall. He now stands at my chin. He still doesn't care that much about combing his hair and he certainly has no interest in looking "cool". Jack is much more interested in hanging out with our new neighbors, exploring the creek, or playing in the two dimensional world of his Nintendo DS.

School and taekwando keep him extremely busy as well. Jack is taking all Gifted classes and will continue with his rigorous schedule next year at Dowell Middle School. He is quite a gifted writer and is expressing an interest in Journalism. Next year, he plans to write for the school newspaper. In addition,J-Man loves playing his French Horn and he is getting quite good (not that I am biased or anything). :) A Red Decided belt, Jack 0nly has one more belt between him and his goal of becoming a black belt. He is on target to test for his black belt early this summer.

In addition, Jack loves hanging out at The Rock, the youth area for our church. He is looking forward to Extreme Camp this summer, and he has made several good friends from his small group on Sunday and at YouthQuake on Wednesday nights.

Jack celebrated his birthday with a few friends from both church and school, who came over to play the Wii and hang out for the evening. His best friend Kyle spent the night. I was amazed how much junk 6 tween boys can eat without getting sick! ha!

We are so proud of Jack for who he is and who he is growing to be. I know God has big plans for our J-Man.

Happy Birthday Jack! We love you to the moon and back!! xoxxoooxooxoxo

No comments: