Some of you know the story from a few weeks ago. The girls and I were driving around running errands one Saturday before I left for Vienna. Lily, in her sweet way said, "Mommy, when can we get a dog?" I replied that I thought that would be really neat but I didn't think we could afford it right now. Our budget is very stretched right now since I have stepped out of the classroom to be at home. With Jack's athsma, we would have to buy a hypoallergenic dog, and those tend to be pretty pricey. So, I suggested to Lily that she pray about it. Right then and there, as we drove down Virginia Parkway, Lily went to God with a heartfelt prayer that went like this..."Dear God. I would like a dog. If it is best for my family, could you send me one for Christmas? I will try to understand if it is not right for us right now, but I would really like a dog." Sofie chimed in in her own spunky way and said, "God, DELETE THAT PRAYER! I want a dog!"
Well, I am happy to report that the kids' got their prayers answered this week. On Tuesday, we picked up the newest member of our family, Sydney. She is a 5 year old Australian Terrier. She has been living with Jack's best friend up to this point in her life, but they needed to find her a new home and God led her to ours. The kids could not be more thrilled and I confess, I have fallen in love with Sydney as well. She is definitely an answer to the kids' prayers. She doesn't shed. She is sweet as sugar and she was FREE! How awesome is that???!
No comments:
Post a Comment