Each year, the Glen Oaks fifth graders take an outdoor education field trip to Sky Ranch. It is something that Lily has been looking forward to all year. Before she left, she and I decided we need a little mother/daughter bonding time at Starbucks. Of course!
She was especially excited to get to bunk with her best friend at school, Brylee Lackey. They have been besties since first grade. We call them Laverne and Shirley.
We said our good-byes...
and Brylee and Lily waited for the buses to pull out of the parking lot.
And while I knew Lily was having a great time, and I was glad she got to go on her big adventure, I sure missed this smile while she was away. As Sofie pointed out, it was just way to quiet without Lily.
I was so excited to see her when the buses arrived on Friday! She baked muffins and talked a mile a minute about her time at Sky Ranch, and I took in every word. Her best memory was going on the zip line at night! I guess it's fair to say, she got her adventure.





No comments:
Post a Comment