Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Live. Learn. Lily!



We officially have a politician in the house! This week, Lily is running for 4th Grade Student Council Representative at Glen Oaks Elementary. We came up with a slogan and made posters, a campaign button, and stickers to hand out to her potential voters. As her "campaign manager", I can tell you she has invested a lot of herself in her campaign. Today, she and the other candidates will give their speeches and the 4th graders will vote. Needless to say, there is a lot at stake today! Ha!



So I made her cinnamon rolls for breakfast (one of her favs) and helped her start her day with a smile. Before leaving for school, Lily practiced her speech.




Live. Learn. Lily. She's got MY vote!

Update: Lily came home today and was sad to report that she lost the election by two votes. After a few tears and a big hug, we sat down to talk about her campaign. Lily honored God by stepping out, doing what was right, and running a campaign with dignity and respect. Perhaps a few of our national leaders should take a few tips from her. Regardless of the election results...she is a winner with me.

1 comment:

Trina said...

So precious! I love her speech! She would have my vote too! To Lily! Keep us posted, I hope she wins!