Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Birthday Bug!


Happy Birthday Honeybug! We love you to the moon and back.

Dear Sofie,

This morning, I awoke to the sweet words, "Mommy. Your birthday Bug is awake." What a smile it brings to my heart to celebrate the day you were born, sweet girl.

Seven years ago, at 6:57 a.m., God blessed us with you, Sofie Faith. Weighing in at nearly 6 lbs, you, my dear one, have always been tiny and mighty.

It has been a wonderful year for you, Honeybug. You have grown so much and have discovered new passions and interests that bring joy to your little heart. Your favorite activities allow you to run and be outside. You are such a busy little bee. Still, my favorite time of day with you is when you settle down before bed and let me snuggle you. We can't even think about tucking you in until you have had snuggle time! ha!

Here are a few of your favorites right now:

Favorite color: Blue
Favorite TV show: Victorious
Favorite sport: Basketball
Favorite friends: Molly Reck and Landon Wood
Favorite subject: Math
Favorite part about school: Recess...(this one cracks me up!)
Favorite food: Moltan Lava Cake (I have taught you well my young apprentice)

Of course, your walk with the Lord is growing stronger every day and we were thrilled when you chose to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior this fall. Your baptism was truly special, as it marked for certain that I would spend eternity with all three of my children in Heaven. I praise God for the work he has done in your heart and the ways he is moving in your life. I cannot wait to see the plans He has for you, Sofie, for I know they are good.

Seven years ago, I looked at your Daddy and said, "We are all here!" I remember so much from those first moments together. I remember the bright red birthmark on your lower back that looked like the angels had left their lipstick when they kissed you good-bye in Heaven. I can still see your little round face, even then full of determination. I recall your shoulders, wide and strong, packed with muscle, like an athlete's. And, I remember how you loved to snuggle with Mommy. As I gazed upon you and fell deeply in love with every inch of you, I could not imagine a more beautiful baby than the one I saw lying in my arms in that hospital bed.

And yet, here we are, years later, and you are even more amazing than I could have imagined. Your face is still sweet and your strong shoulders help you shoot baskets in the driveway with your friends. Our home is filled with life because you are in it. You delight me with your spunky ways!

I pray this year that God would be near to you, my sweet daughter. I ask Him to guide, protect, and lead you on His path as you continue to discover the joys of being YOU! Tender. Strong. Sensitive. Independent. A bit shy. And Crazy funny!

How I love you, my Honeybug. Happy Birthday!!

Love,
Mommy


Sofie requested going for out for burgers at Moo-Yah. :)


Messages we made for Bug on the Moo-Yah drawing board. <3


So sweet she makes her own honey.

No comments: