Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fun On The Farm Summer 2010

The kids and I went to Iowa to visit our family while Marty was away on a business conference. We made up up for lost time and stored up many memories to last us until we can get back again. Swimming. Movies. Flashlight tag. Driving the golf cart. Grandma's house is just one big adventure. Lily says she wants to live in Iowa when she grows up. I told her that one Iowa winter would put that dream to rest. ha!


We drove straight through on the way to Iowa. Here we are taking a much needed Frosty break in Kansas. What happy travelers they are!


Here Pete and Noah are introducing Sofie to "buddy" the calf.


Jack loved snuggling with my parents dog, Turner.



Lily loved my Aunt Berna's perennial garden. She especially liked the Queen Anne's lace. It is my favorite Iowa wildflower too.



Lily made a crown of Queen Anne's lace for her sweet princess head. I guess it is the wildflower of royals. ha!







Swimming at Aunt Niecer and Uncle Bruce's pool. What fun on a perfect Iowa day!


I think the kids wore the tires out on this golf cart. If we were home, they were driving it around the farm.



Sofie was ready to get out her stinger when Grandma worked her magic. All it took to make the Honeybug smile was cherry Kool-aid in a fancy glass. I will have to remember that trick!



Snuggling and watching Percy Jackson together. Looooove these girls!



Mom and I took the kids to the Bass Pro Shop on our shopping day. After Jack and Noah patiently waited at Justice for the girls to pick out matching t-shirts, we figured they had earned some "boy" time. Here Sofie and Jack are taking target practice. It is the first time Jack ever held a "gun". :)


Madilyn and Sofie...can you tell they are cousins? I think most strangers think Madilyn is my daughter when they see us all together in Iowa.


The kids loved watching the giant fish in the aquarium at the Bass Pro Shop and Jack loved reading all about them.



All tuckered out! We learned our lesson and stopped at a hotel on the way home. Of course, there are many more memories that I do not have a photo for. Having a glass of wine with Mom, Dad, Matt, and Minniette while the kids all played flashlight tag. Watching the sunset. A good ole Iowa thunderstorm complete with lightening that seemed to illuminate the entire sky. And of course sweet corn and homeade ice cream. All that was missing was a night of stargazing. The clouds kept veiling our stars at night. Oh well. I guess we will have something to look forward to for next time. We love Iowa and miss our family and friends there more than words can say.

No comments: