Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lily's Recital




On Saturday, December 13th, Lily performed in her first ballet recital. Her class danced to the tune It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year. She was really nervous at dress rehearsal earlier in the day, and even shed a few tears. So, I just told her to imagine Mommy trying to do all her moves only tripping. Ha! And to calm her nerves, I took her to Starbucks after the rehearsal for some hot chocolate. That seemed to help her find her smile...and at the performance that evening, Lily was all smiles, grace, and beauty. We stayed for the more advanced dancers presentation of The Nutcracker and Lily was absolutely mesmorized by the Snow Queen. We have a few still photos of the evening, and I am waiting on my friend Gretchen for action shots. She had better seats and a better camera than me. One of the most precious moments was when Gretchen waved to Lily and Lily waved right back..not missing one step. Marty and I cracked up and knew exactly what was happening, as Lily is Gretchen's split apart. Ha!

After her performance, we awarded her with flowers and her very own Nutcracker. She was thrilled!


Posing after the show...





Enjoying the rest of the show with Daddy and Sofie.










Ballet Slippers....$20
White tutu with poinsettas...$35
Watching your daughter in her first recital....priceless!

No comments: